As a member, you are an owner of the credit union. Once a member, you are always a member, even if you leave your job, retire, or move out of the area. As long as you keep your account open and active with the $25.00 minimum balance, our full range of benefits are available to you.
Mid-Island Federal Credit Union membership is open to anyone who lives, works or worships in the Mid-Island area of St. Croix. In addition, immediate family members of MIFCU members are strongly encouraged to join Mid-Island FCU for all of their financial needs.
Joining MId-Island FCU is a quick and easy process. Just stop by our office and complete an application. Documentation of eligibility must be verified. In order to speed up the process, make sure to bring the items listed below to complete your application.
At Mid-Island Federal Credit Union, we work to make dreams come true!
USA PATRIOT ACT DISCLOSURE
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also ask to see your drivers license or other identifying objects.
Items Required to Establish Membership
- Two (2) government local issued picture ids. (Health Card are NOT accepted)
- Social security card
- Proof of mailing and physical address. - Original WAPA Bill (MUST BE RECENT) (Notarized letter if you are not the account holder of the WAPA bill)
- A minimum of thirty (30) dollars.
- For joint accounts both individuals must provide the same information listed above.
- To add beneficiaries, you must provide social security card and birth certificate.
Junior Accounts (Ages 0 T0 17)
- Birth certificate/ any picture Id (optional)
- Social security number
- Proof of mailing and physical address. (Notarized letter from guardian)
- Id of guardian opening account if any.